Thursday, February 22, 2007

Day 43 - Just another day at the beach!

I did a little island exploration today and found the chef's garden and orchid greenhouse. I tried to get into the greenhouse, but it was bolted shut. I was in heaven looking at all the wonderful garden plants. They had all kinds of basil planted in little sand plots everywhere. I am not sure there is a smell I love more than fresh basil. One day I am going to have a giant garden plot of just basil under my kitchen window. I guess the chef gets to harvest fresh vegetables and spices to use in the kitchen. I gathered that everything is organic as well by looking at some of the leaves.

The rest of the day, I spent on the beach. You know, I wonder sometimes why life has to be so rough.

I got my computer charging, for the time being, so I will publish some pictures soon! I am glad to know a back up charger will meet me in Singapore. My mouth is starting to get sore from holding it just right!

5 comments:

Lisa said...

I wondered why your jaw looked so funny and your speech was barely intelligible this morning. I'm glad your computer is charging, way for it to come through at the half-time buzzer . . . "Hang in there, baby! The game's not over yet!"

tim rush said...

Beach, beach, beach. I think I'm getting spoiled by your adventures.

We want sky diving and shark hunting and more indian doctors.

Go!

Anonymous said...

Yay!! I am so happy about the more pictures soon.

That is interesting that you say that about fresh basil because I feel the same way about fresh rosemary.

I watched the 4th episode of 24 last night and, I think, Jerry sent it off to Netflix. I can't wait for the next disc. Last night I made him dinner for his birthday and he asked, thanks but you didn't watch 24 without me did you. He cares more about Jack than me. There is something very wrong with that.

Anyway, glad you are soaking it up!!

Anonymous said...

I'm still reading you and praying for you, but I've got company coming for a few days (Rhonda!), so I'll be away from the computer.

Love,
Ang

Anonymous said...

"I tried to get into the greenhouse, but it was bolted shut."

Knowing how you like plants, I have this vision of you trying to pry the doors open as you place your feet on either side of the lock for leverage! ;-)

I am glad you can see how much the Lord loves you--even in the little things.