About a week or so, I came home to a shocking scene. I had a candy dish on my coffee table that was full of chocolate. Mind you it had been there for a few days, undisturbed. I noticed on the floor all the chocolate wrappers all over the living room floor. I looked up to see the candy dish was empty. Only one culprit, Addy, my six-year old Golden Retriever.
She seemed fine, but I knew chocolate could be deadly to dogs. It was around 8 or 9 on a Sunday, so I knew I couldn't take her to the vet. I called the animal emergency clinic, knowing what they would tell me. The vet there told me to give her some peroxide and make her throw up.
I grabbed the $0.33 bottle of peroxide and proceeded to try to force it down her throat, which of course she was not going to have it. So I thought I'd just see if she'd lap it. To my surprise, she lapped right out of the measuring spoon. Presto, within 5 minutes, problem solved.......all over the kitchen rug.
So Addy is a survivor! It just goes to show that my dog, will truly eat anything!
Little Miss Innocent
Aren't you glad I spared you the aftermath pic?