Friday, February 1, 2008

Silly Kids!

The other morning I woke up extremely late, 7:15. I am supposed to be there by 7:30, but unfortunately my alarm didn't go off. I usually make coffee in the morning and take some to work with me. Not on this day. My first math class came in and I mentioned to them that I hadn't had any coffee. You could hear a pin drop.

After the initial shock, there was a gasp. One of the boys said, "Miss Floyd, can I use the phone?" I asked him why and he replied, "Because I wanna call my mama and tell her goodbye!"

I did get some coffee, and the world was safe from anniliation. Needless to say, the children were relieved.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you got your coffee before anyone got hurt. That could have been a bad scene ... I can just see the headlines.

"No coffee - equals jail time for local educator"

Anonymous said...

That is hilarious! Can I use the phone...sheesh those kids!!

It's a rough day when alarm clocks conspire against us and our coffee huh?

barry said...

Ot the headline, Paige, could be
Java the Hut holds campus hostage-demands Starbucks and a four day school week.

Lisa said...

Our kids come to know us so well, don't they?

Timbra said...

hey girly. . . just wondering if you got my "plea" for anyone you can think of in the lubbock area who would be willing to host an exchange student. . . let me know if you think of ANYONE at all, and pass the word. the kid is awesome, the family just can't deal with the gas bill to get him to and fro his current school and there aren't other schools or fams in the area. . . thanks

barry said...

You need to change the name of your blog.....to No One's Here at Home.....or Now I'm Homeless. or Helen Kellers blog.....

Su said...

I want you to know that all the girls at work enjoyed this story to no end... and regaled me with tales of how their own children also cower when the coffee is late in coming. :)