My dear friend, Paige, "tagged" me. I guess I have to play along!
1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.
Here it goes:
1. I would buy anything that was advertised on an info-mercial. I am the biggest skeptic, but if it is advertised on TV I seem to need it!
2. I could swing my life away in a hammock. I've been trying to figure out how to support myself by selling hammocks while demonstrating how they work. Any ideas?
3. Growing up, weekends were extra special because it meant an outing with dad. We had an old, powder blue Scout with cream and tan interior. My dad, brother, and I would bounce around in it and sing 1814 (I think that is the name) by Johnny Horton. "1814 we took a little trip, down the Col. Jackson to the might Mississip. We took a little bacon and we took a little beans, and we fought the bloody British in the town of New Orleans. . ." Most of the time we would drive out around the county with no particular agenda. Dad would pack us a lunch. Good times!
4. Speaking of dad, I love to hold his hand. My dad has huge hands and he can hold both of mine in one of his. His hands are always warm, and mine are usually cold.
5. I learned a stupid human trick at Blue Haven. I can turn my ankles completely around to where my heels touch the ground in front of me. Gross really!
6. My grandmother is 1st cousins with Sheb Wooley, who wrote and sang Purple People Eater. His brother Bill lives in Ruidoso. I went snow skiing with Bill, mind you he was well into his seventies. We would ski some blacks and he would be at the end of the run waiting for me! That was almost 15 years ago and he is still skiing!
7. I went to a Black Crowes concert with my high school principal my senior year. He was dating my boss at the time and they got me the tickets for graduation!
8. I can't donate blood for life because I lived in Ireland during the mad cow scare. So just in case you wondered, there is a reason I am this way!
So now I tag Tim Rush, Elaine Santos, Timbra Wiist, Sydney Phillips, Gayla Bursiaga, and Claire Maguire-Wilson. I think my other blogger friends have been tagged.