Saturday, October 27, 2007

Oops! I Got Tagged!

My dear friend, Paige, "tagged" me. I guess I have to play along!

Rules:

1)Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
2) People who are tagged need to write a post on their own blog (about their eight things) and post these rules.
3) At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.
4) Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Here it goes:

1. I would buy anything that was advertised on an info-mercial. I am the biggest skeptic, but if it is advertised on TV I seem to need it!

2. I could swing my life away in a hammock. I've been trying to figure out how to support myself by selling hammocks while demonstrating how they work. Any ideas?

3. Growing up, weekends were extra special because it meant an outing with dad. We had an old, powder blue Scout with cream and tan interior. My dad, brother, and I would bounce around in it and sing 1814 (I think that is the name) by Johnny Horton. "1814 we took a little trip, down the Col. Jackson to the might Mississip. We took a little bacon and we took a little beans, and we fought the bloody British in the town of New Orleans. . ." Most of the time we would drive out around the county with no particular agenda. Dad would pack us a lunch. Good times!

4. Speaking of dad, I love to hold his hand. My dad has huge hands and he can hold both of mine in one of his. His hands are always warm, and mine are usually cold.

5. I learned a stupid human trick at Blue Haven. I can turn my ankles completely around to where my heels touch the ground in front of me. Gross really!

6. My grandmother is 1st cousins with Sheb Wooley, who wrote and sang Purple People Eater. His brother Bill lives in Ruidoso. I went snow skiing with Bill, mind you he was well into his seventies. We would ski some blacks and he would be at the end of the run waiting for me! That was almost 15 years ago and he is still skiing!

7. I went to a Black Crowes concert with my high school principal my senior year. He was dating my boss at the time and they got me the tickets for graduation!

8. I can't donate blood for life because I lived in Ireland during the mad cow scare. So just in case you wondered, there is a reason I am this way!

So now I tag Tim Rush, Elaine Santos, Timbra Wiist, Sydney Phillips, Gayla Bursiaga, and Claire Maguire-Wilson. I think my other blogger friends have been tagged.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those weekend outings with your dad sound like a fun wonderful memory!! Mad cow huh? I think I'll leave that one without further comment!!! ;-)

Lisa said...

I love that song about the Battle of New Orleans! We always listened to that and Tennessee Ernie Ford's "16 Tons". I love listening to your stories about growing up and times with your dad. Our dads are very similar and it makes me feel like we actually grew up together. :) Maybe if you sold hammocks on a TV infomercial you would finally realize the success you are looking for.

Anonymous said...

I have bought the "Magic Bullet Blender" and one night in a motel at my cousin's wedding (I was feeling a little depressed and I bought an exercise machine). If you're awake at that hour I think your mind is unable to fight off the urge to purchase such amazing products. Unfortunately they weren't as life changing as they promised.

My summer job this year was going to be donating plasma. Imagine my surprise when I found out I couldn't because there was some disease going around when I lived in Portugal. So I'll ride that "mad cow" boat with you down the River Crazy.

You are great Sarah ... you are not only good for my heart, but your laughter is good for my spirit.

Anonymous said...

My ex-husband was always asking me to buy him something off of an info-mercial. He would write down the phone number and ask me to send a money order. I would tell him "I have credit cards and checks...why would I buy a money order?? And furthermore..YOU DON'T NEED THAT STUFF!!" I was so mean~~I only let him buy something once every couple of years or so! hehehe

I love Lisa's idea of you selling hammocks on an info-mercial!! Great idea! Let me know when you will be on..I'll call my ex ;-)

Sarah said...

Sherry, there is always a need for whatever they are selling on an info-mercial. Some people just don't get it. You know, they can't lie on TV!!! Of course we need it!

tim rush said...

In the mall here they have a store that just sells what's advertised on TV. Reason #84 why you need to come visit Guadalajara!

By the way, I was just tagged and if memory serves you even commented about it... William Floyd ring a bell?

But Paul reminded me of a few things I should have mentioned...so I'm up for it again.

Su said...

My sister also loves the song about the Battle of New Orleans. And so, I know all the words whether I like it or not, an important life skill that I have used at least twice. :)