Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Ah, the Lake!

I have been spending a lot of time lately at Lake Alan Henry with some friends. It has been awesome! Growing up we weren't really lake people. We spent most of our time in the mountains. I am definitely learning to be a lake person!

This last weekend we went and everyone was trying to teach me how to wakeboard. I thought, it can't be that hard everyone else knows how to do it. Oh, how wrong I was. I never even made it out of the water. I kept following the advice everyone was giving me from the boat, but everytime I ended up face first being dragged by the rope, until I couldn't hold on any longer. My friend Mel was going to get some pictures, but never did as I never got out of the water.

We are going camping there this weekend, so maybe I can try my luck again. Another friend told me he was going to send me home with a video to watch, so I could try and get the hang of it before we go again. I really want to learn, but I am just as content laying in the boat, soaking up the sun!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That would explain the beautiful glow you've been sporting lately!

Gayla said...

I'm so jealous that you're calm enough to go camping right before school starts! I envy you!!! Not that I'm the camping type but for the fact that you're CALM!