Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Feeling a Little Sorry for Myself!

Well, it seems that everyone else is getting to go on these cool adventures and I am stuck here at home. Daniel is in the Yucatan jumping off of cliffs into the water, seeing all the Mayan ruins, and working on an eco-tourism project for three weeks. My mom just returned from New York City. Now, my dad and brother are in Minnesota and South Dakota on a fun father/son fishing trip.

I whined to my mom last night over the phone, but got absolutely no sympathy from her. Her response. . . "Well, now you know what it feels like! Usually it is the other way around." That's right mom, and that's the way I like it!!!! I tried explaining it to my friend, Kim, who I carpool with to and from work. She threatened to slap me. Isn't there anyone who feels sorry for me?

On a more positive note, I had the best conversation with my niece last night over the phone. She is staying at mom and dad's with one of her brothers. Jaylee is turning 10 this year, which is hard to believe. She is really fun to converse with, although I am having a hard time with her growing up. Wish I could just push the pause button on her growing.

I also talked to her little brother, Wes (4) on the phone last night. I asked him why he wasn't in bed and he informed me that he stays up until midnight every night and midnight is when you turn into a pumpkin. I'm pretty sure he's right. I haven't seen too many midnights in my lifetime. We Floyds are not latenight people. We tend to be early risers, and lifeless by about 8:30 pm.

I have a feeling I won't be earning much sympathy, so I'll keep it short and go cry myself to sleep. Maybe I'll even eat worms!!!!!

9 comments:

Another day in the life of Beau Hart :) said...

Yeah, Kris and I are old too, ha! We got to bed around 9! Come down to San Antonio. It's only a 6 hour drive. Solondra can come over from Austin or we can go to Austin and to Sea World or Six Flags and the Alamo and the River Walk and The Botanical Garden and . . .! It would be fun :)

Anonymous said...

Although I have ZERO sympathy for your current plight, I would like it to say that it is hard to see friends go and have fun while you are sitting at home. Even if you just got back from a world tour, it is just not fair. As for my current plight, I am still at school. Yesterday was the kids last day and we have to be here today and tomorrow. Poor YOU? I say Poor ME

Anonymous said...

Are you serious?! Not only do I NOT feel sorry for you, but I REFUSE to wish you any more grand adventures. I want to selfishly wish you a lifetime of tedious daily activities right here in little OLE Lubbock...much less heart ache that way.

And honestly, if you feel like you need an adventure, you could come wander through our backyard "jungle"--still don't know what is growing out there.

Seriously, though we are glad to have you home, and I know that God will give you another season of amazing adventures in His time.

Sarah said...

Well, HA! Because I got some sympathy from Lisa at dinner tonight. I guess I know who truly cares for me!

The Gearharts said...

Sarah
I still think you and your true friend Lisa need to make a little trip to come see us. Wow that is a great idea, and educational. We can go to this local little shack and release see turtles in October and it is rainy season. You would not believe all the plants growing here:)

Amy G

Sarah said...

Amy, I think that is an excellent idea! However, I'd prefer to come when air-conditioning is not needed. I hear it can be miserable down there when it is hot.

Su said...

You could just do what I do, and start riding a bike instead of using a car. Lubbock becomes a LOT more of an adventure when you are not encased in a metal box.

Timbra said...

if you're still feeling a little sorry for yourself and need a "vacation" COME SEE US RIGHT NOW!!!!!!! I know you have a little time off before school starts up again (are you teaching again this year?) and we need visitors, and its not too expensive. . . . please please please. . . .

Timbra said...

because this is such an old post and i assume since you havent posted anything new you're still feeling this way for one reason or another. . . i repeat COME VISIT US IN BEAUTIFUL UTAH!!!!!!